Monday, April 6, 2009

OK, makeup decisions to make, too.

I guess I should think about makeup choices, also, as I've got my first trial session on Friday (before our engagement shoot).

I guess one of these two pictures would be the inspiration -- a smoky eye, a nude lip, a sort of casual fabulousness.





Here's the closest I've been able to get doing this myself -- here's a smoky eye I did the Halloween I met Reg's friends for the first time, and one I did for Leslie's wedding... both came out well, but a) I think if I were capable of applying false eyelashes, it would have been better, and b) perhaps less sparkly? I always end up looking like a drag queen at the end of the night because it's all over my cheeks.




The above two were just lots (and LOTS) of black eye shadow, two kinds of black eyeliner, two kinds of black mascara, and a general foundation base (on my eyelids) and the beige that came with the black eyeshadow (it's YSL -- caviar and champagne duo). But I've sometimes experimented with color, to good effect, and that might be a happier, more innocent look for the wedding -- less seductive Catwoman type stuff.

Here's me on my belated bday last year -- it was a pinky shadow that I have since misplaced and, I think, black around the eyes.



This is a really recent picture, from what I wore the first night our parents met -- it's a lavender shadow with brown shadow/liner near the lashes. I kind of like the lavender, but wouldn't know whether to do black or brown with it? Oi. You'll notice I'm totally incapable of doing any more complicated shadow effects or contouring type stuff...



But then here's another Anne Hathaway pic with a much warmer look on her eye -- I don't do that look often myself; no idea how it would look. Maybe I'll try it sometime between now and the makeup trial (on, um, Friday).

No comments: