Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ai yi yi!

We've spent the weekend addressing Save The Dates. We have to wait a bit to send them until we get the official wedding website set up -- can't have people getting all confused! -- but we're nearly there.

It's really funny -- as I think everyone who reads this blog knows, we is gonna have a SMALL wedding. Which I still have hesitations about -- but to me it was sort of like, ok, you either have a big wedding and invite everyone you know, OR you invite the core friends and family. Like, CORE core. I still toss and turn at night (and am actually thinking about writing to Miss Manners about it -- like, for people I haven't spoken to all year do I mention I'm engaged in my Christmas card to them? Do I not send a Christmas card? What do I do?) -- but it really hit home when we were addressing the Save The Dates. My pile of invitations is about 1/4 as big as my usual Christmas card pile.

Fact remains that a) we really were just a heartbeat away from eloping, so a small, intimate wedding is a nice compromise, and b) this is a rite -- it isn't a party. (I mean, it is, but it's a celebration the same way a graduation is a celebration.) I remember feeling offended that I wasn't invited to some people's weddings, but it was sort of in comparison -- like, how could X be invited but not me? But if and when the non-invitees ever see pictures of the wedding, they'll GET it. I dunno. I think ultimately we're happy with the wedding we're having.

And I can't wait to send out the Save The Dates -- Reg and I are quite fond of our design.

Also, for the website: I've been trying to do a specialized map of Cleveland with the various attractions and accommodations. Let's see how it looks in Blogger... The red marker on the far left is the airport. The cluster of blue and red markers is the hotel and various cultural institutions in Cleveland. The red marker to the far right is the farm where we'll be married.


View Larger Map

No comments: