Friday, September 19, 2008

Accomplished this week: Nothing.

Well... we've accomplished nothing this week. Things undecided still:

- Whether we're getting married in a church. The problem is that Reg is not baptized; this would not prohibit our marriage in a Catholic church but a) depending on the diocese this may mean we need permission from the bishop to marry and b) may require we have different rites performed at the wedding.
- Whether we're getting married in a church in Ohio. The problem is that the church my parents attend -- St. Basil's -- is a big, ugly, behemouth of a church. HIDEOUS, although it may have been stylish for a heartbeat in 1961 when it was built. It also seats 400 people. I want a small, intimate wedding -- just family and friends -- and the idea of carefully selecting the guest list to include my closest people -- and then going to a church and feeling like NO ONE is there because 80% of the seats are empty -- is not what I want. Maybe I should just give in? I dunno. Apparently St. Michael's, up the road in Independence, has a smaller church, but even then it seats like 200+.
- The date is kind of dependent on the church... the Catholic church requires at least 6 months of preparation (which we'll have to do locally in New York) and meetings with the priest and all sorts of "engaged encounter" and stuff.
- if we got married in Brooklyn or Manhattan -- which may have the smaller kind of chapel I might want -- then I'm not sure which parish would take us because they generally require you or your family to be attending Mass on a regular basis... which I so totally don't do.

So: No idea about anything. The end.

(Also: had to give up my ring today to get it resized -- Reg had taken one of my rings from before the diet, which was super lose on me, and had given that to the jeweler for sizing. So I'm wearing my grandmother's engagement ring today in place of my engagement ring. But I want mine back!!! We've both been looking at my hand all week -- it's very cute.)

OK. I should, like, focus on work for a nanosecond.

No comments: